Spiritual formation at Wellspring allows individual participation in the context of community.
Adults are invited to respond to the minister's message on Sunday mornings by asking questions or sharing personal perspective. During the year, book studies and retreats are offered in response to the requests and needs of Wellspring.
For the past eight years, women's and men’s groups have participated in retreats in Montana, led by our co-pastor Naomi.
Adult studies have included several engaging books and materials for discussion and spiritual formation. Some recent studies have included:
- A People’s History of Christianity by Diane Butler
- In the Sanctuary of Women by Jan Richardson
- Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life and What Matters Most by James Hollis, Ph.D.
- Sabbath: Finding Rest, Renewal, and Delight in Our Busy Lives by Wayne Muller
- Jesus Redux, a DVD Series.
- The Compassion Course Online 2016, sponsored by the New York Center for Nonviolent Communication (NYCNVC)
In Fall 2017, the Men's Spirituality group and the Wise Women's Spirituality Group will begin a discussion of "Why Did Jesus, Moses, the Buddha, and Mohammed Cross the Road? Christianity in a Multi-Faith World," by Brian McLaren. The men meet once a month on Wednesday evenings and the Wise Women meet once a month on Tuesday mornings. A third group, the Women's Spirituality group, meets once a month on Sunday afternoons.